Monday 10 November 2014

SPM Narrative Essay: Write a story with an ending: ...promised to update each other on our comings and goings.



in one evening i joined my students to write a story. well, let's end the boring intro and here it goes...

Write a story with an ending.......promised to update each other on our comings and goings.

The crickets began to sing their favorite melody; the wind was swaying our clothes as if there was a storm coming. At the edge of that legendary mountain, we were to climb for the ultimate treasure!

Step by step, Jack dragged me with a thick rope around my waist. Time passed by and the sight of the top began to disappear under a thick fog.

"Aghhhh...argggghhhhhh!" Jack shouted.
"What is it, Jack? What's wrong? Tell me!!"

Jack continued his horrifying scream. The fog was surrounding us. I began to panic even though we haven't even reach the real adventure!

"Jack..Ja...." My sight was vanishing. My head was dizzy. I couldn't even stand on my knees. As my voice faded, everything went black.

Splash! A pail of water went on my face. I looked around and seeing Jack at that time was very delightful. I asked him what happened, he said it was too late to explain. The next thing I recalled, he spoke the word, "lair".

To be honest, I was still feeling as weak as a baby. Yet, upon hearing a loud roar vibrating through the cave we were in, I forced myself to stand up and hold my swords. Every second we had was another pump of adrenaline into our veins. Jack and I looked at each other, we nodded, then stormed into the unknown!

Yes, we were in a monster's lair. Hidden in a legendary mountain that told as fairy tales for centuries in our province. However, we were not there just to kill the ugly monster, but we were there for the gigantic diamond that worth all the diamond stores in the world!

In the midst of the semi-darkness, Jack and I fought very hard. The 12-foot tall monster pushed me hard on the wall.

"Michele!!!" Jack shouted my name furiously. He began to feel impatient, he held his swords as mighty as he could, like a samurai with anger burning through his eyes. As the monster was getting nearer... "Hyaaaarghhh!!"

Hand claps was heard at the back of our ears. We did it. We owned the game. The reward tickets came rushing out of the machine. It was the most epic game Jack and I played at the entertainment center in the mall. We got ourselves a huge teddy bear with the tickets.

Today is actually Jack's last day being in Malaysia. He was my best buddy in high shcool and we used to go to the mall and spent our weekly collected money on the high-tech video games available. It was our best days at teens.

So on his last day, we agreed to do it again despite our maturing age. It was quite embarrassing but nothing beats the exhilarating moment with Jack in the game.

We spent the evening at a bubble tea corner and chit chatted about the past and the future. We made sure we have each others contact number and Facebook account added.
When the time arrived, we were at the front of the mall, a taxi arrived and we hugged for the last time. I waved at him as he entered the taxi and it felt like the rest of the world was no longer exist around us. Yet I kept my head high because we promised to update each other on our comings and goings.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment